This position is under the direct supervision of the Planning Director. The intern collects and integrates field-based data for various Tribal assets; creates and maintains geospatial data utilizing the Tribe's GIS software and asset management system; collaborates with the Tribe's Cultural Committee as well as staff from various departments within the Tribe; and assists with developing work plans and daily schedules to meet the goals for the project.
Education and Experience
- Must be a High School Graduate or equivalent.
- Basic knowledge of mapping techniques and methods, a plus.
- Must have basic computer skills.
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations
- Continuously throughout employment, must possess a valid California Class C Driver's License and maintain insurability under the Tribe's vehicle insurance policy.
- Able to complete a course in ArcGIS Pro.
All positions require applicant be at least 18 years of age. Those selected for a position are subject to a background investigation, drug screening and possible participation in the DMV Pull Program. References will be checked.
To learn more detailed information about the position duties and requirements, please contact Human resources Department at (760) 541-5216.